Are you upgrading from version 4?
- If you’re upgrading from v4, be sure to carefully read the version 5.0 release notes before continuing with this upgrade.
- If you’re a Self-Hosted user, make sure that your server meets the New Hosting Requirements before upgrading to version 5.
- If you’re on a monthly or annual Hosted plan, you don’t need to worry about hosting requirements.
v5.1.0 New Features:
- Improved thumbnail layout and display on Home screen.
- Added a new “Cloud Storage Bypass” option to the Business Rules page for RedCart Hosted users. This option is for photographers that do not ever intend to sell high-res digital files. Enabling this bypass will help speed up the gallery upload process significantly since high-res uploads to the cloud will be skipped completely.
- Improved image security by preventing the user from being able to drag images from the browser to the desktop.
- Improved print size crop code validation when entering new crop codes.
- Improved error handling with cron jobs.
- Added the ability to edit the gallery title from the Advanced Gallery Options page.
- Added “Show Event Date” as a new setting on the Advanced Gallery Options page.
- Added “Show on Home Screen” to the default gallery options on the Business Rules page.
- Added “Show Event Date” to the default gallery options on the Business Rules page.
- Improved padding spacing on FAQ page.
v5.1.0 Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a bug with the Authorize.net Accept payment gateway
- Fixed a bug where the View Session button in the Customer Sessions Report was linking to the wrong gallery.
- Fixed an issue with weird characters in the url on the edit order page in the Admin.
- Fixed a bug where the cover photo was not displaying properly on iPads and tablet sized screens.
- Fixed a bug where an error occurred when trying to readjust a crop from the My Cart screen.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the gallery Admin Preview link from working correctly in certain cases.
- Fixed a bug where an error occurred when selecting a print size that had a Crop Code with a lowercase x as opposed to an uppercase X.
- Fixed a bug where the State dropdown during Checkout was not being populated.
- Fixed a bug where the wrong thumbnail was displaying in the shopping cart when a “Download All” type download was added to the cart.
- Cleaned up duplicate display messages on the Screen Notes and Text screen in the Admin.
- Fixed a bug where long discount names overlapped and obscured pricing details on mobile devices.
- Fixed a bug where in certain cases, image file download options didn’t display in older galleries that were generated with version 4.